Temporary Footwear BuyerApply Now
Job Title: Temporary Footwear Buyer
Location: NYC (hybrid)
Hourly Rate: $30-$35Hourly rate is commensurate with experience and is an estimated range provided by JBC
The temp Buyer will provide the merchandising vision with responsibility to develop and execute merchandising strategies. This position works with ecommerce team, driving daily execution for planning, buying, analyzing, merchandising and forecasting for all product categories
- Drives merchandise selection process, placement of orders and ensures proper quantity is purchased by style/color/size for division.
- Partners with Menswear Buyer and Childrenswear Associate Buyer to analyze the weekly business. Make recommendations on future buys to grow and expand business.
- Provide leadership and motivate as well as mentor Associate and Assistant Buyers. Possesses the ability to manage up, down and across with results.
- Ability to develop & drive divisional strategies for areas of responsibility. Analyzes LY information as well as current market to support strategy development. Identifies how current trend will impact future results and adjusts as needed.
- Responsible for assisting the team in the PO process as needed
- Shop competing websites to monitor fashion trends, pricing strategies and presentation techniques. Report industry learnings to Ecommerce team
- Develops and executes site taxonomy strategy. Recommends seasonal updates that help to enhance and or maximize site conversion and improve customer experience
- Participate in Adhoc analysis as necessary
- 5 years in retail/buying
- BA in fashion merchandising, fashion marketing or business administration
- Must be proficient in Excel
- Strong in retail math
- Experience with store planning, inventory management, and analytical skills
- E-commerce experience preferred