Temporary Digital designerApply Now
JOB TITLE: Digital Designer
REPORTS TO: Manager, Mobile Marketing Design
LOCATION: Hybrid Bolingbrook, IL 60440
DURATION: ASAP – Roughly 6 months
HOURS: full time
PAY RANGE: $37-40/hr
Hourly rate is commensurate rate with experience and is an estimated range provided by JBC.
GENERAL SUMMARY & SCOPE
The Designer will produce and drive innovative solutions for brand campaigns across our creative channels. This role will work seamlessly with the Sr Manager, Digital Design, and Manager, Brand Design, the team, as well as teams across Creative Operations, Editorial, Digital, Integrated Marketing, and Creative teams, as we continue to grow, evolve, and innovate our Brand Creative. They have an affinity for consistency, color use, typography, and a keen eye for subtle details. While exercising a good eye for aesthetics, they are able to grasp and distill highly complex issues and translate them into clean, focused, understandable solutions with creative direction. Strong communication skills and ability to stay highly organized is critical. They should be a self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently, and perform multiple tasks under minimal supervision.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES (*Essential Functions)
- A strong online design portfolio
- A great eye for detail, demonstrate creative and innovative problem solving.
- Elevated taste level and innate ability to create unique design elements and experiences, with strong typography and layout hierarchy skills
- Works within predetermined templates and style guides to create email assets for weekly promotional cadence with a focus on personalization.
- Assist the Manager, Brand Design with the creation of event lockups, campaign creative and style guides across various platforms.
- Partner closely with the Manager, Brand Design in creative projects for targeted marketing campaigns with omni-channel consideration, implementing the UB Brand identity, visual, and voice into every campaign & communication.
- Ability to work with video footage, animations, illustrations, etc.
- Highly professional, with the ability to deliver solid work on tight schedules.
- Build presentation materials and campaign toolkits that successfully communicate concepts with direction from Manager, Brand Design.
- Excellent interpersonal skills across both creative and business departments; working closely with the Creative managers & cross-functional business partners on multiple pieces of the same campaign – ensuring cohesion of all campaign elements.
- Extreme efficiency, organization and attention to detail is a must.
- Able to balance several work streams and prioritize deliverables – meeting deadlines with quality design.
- Be responsive to ever changing business need that support the overall enterprise.
- 2 years in digital visual design for marketing, and/or advertising projects
- Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design, Media Arts or similar
- Portfolio of work with experience in digital marketing with a love for content creations – design, GIF, video, photography
- A desire & ability to drive innovation, both in design and process
- Advanced level skill with Adobe Creative Suite – especially Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Intermediate level skill with knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PPT, HTML/CSS
- Experience in Frontify, Miro, Sketch, and Figma a plus
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills
- 6 days per month required in-office for local candidates.