Temporary Associate Designer, FootwearApply Now
Job Title: Temp Associate Designer, Footwear
Location: NYC Hybrid
Hourly Rate: $28/hr- $30/hr Hourly rate is commensurate with experience and is an estimated range provided by JBC
Duration: ASAP – TBD
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Manage and comment on all seasonal color lab dips and materials.
* Partner with Merchandising & Product Management team in all aspects of development from sketches & prototypes to final market samples.
* Executing presentation quality sketches and color renderings to thoughtfully illustrate new designs, concepts, hardware and details for presentation purposes.
* Create seasonal CADs for both internal and external meetings.
* Manage and oversee updates to product changes throughout the season, i.e. color changes, quality changes, pattern & detail changes that might influence price, quantity and delivery.
* Work within seasonal deadlines and design calendar milestones.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure our brand's message is clear and cohesive.
* Provide clear communication to partnering teams, vendors and factories throughout all phases of the design process.
* Attend all prototype reviews & fittings and update information to partnering teams as needed.
* Maintain and organize all seasonal information and archive library to ensure all records are store properly.
*Manage design projects through communication with license partner to ensure concepts are understood, key deadlines met and that each design is on-brand.
Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Fashion Design or related.
Minimum 3 years work experience.
Proficient in hand sketching and illustration.
Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to multi-task, problem solve and work well in a fast-paced environment.
Self-motivated and a team player.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in Illustrator, Photoshop, Excel, Word and Outlook