Sr. Director, New Product Packaging Development and SourcingApply Now
Title: Sr. Director, Product and Packaging Development and Sourcing
Location: New York, New York
Company Description: Fast Growing Cosmetics and Fragrances
Compensation Range is 200-225K (Salary is commensurate with experience and is an estimated range provided by JBC)
- Lead the Packaging Development and Sourcing team of direct reports responsible for all innovation/new launches and ongoing value analysis and brand health initiatives across the brand portfolio and be able to efficiently manage the COG and timelines for multiple projects and ensure optimal results for packaging.
- Works with internal departments external vendors and subcontracting partners to define specifications, design criteria, quality parameters, and expectations from component production through filling and assembly and be equipped to negotiate contracts for tooling and be mindful to optimize all relationships across the supply chain team. It is important that you can recommend strategic improvements and share learnings with the leadership team to benefit decisions and avoid risks.
- Drives innovation by presenting new packaging concepts, technologies, and market trends both within and outside of the industry
- Supports ongoing business through vendor relationships in support of the Material Planning team to ensure component availability and stock coverage
- Minimum 10+ years in the Cosmetic or Fragrance industry or CPG company with strong innovation development experience and proven leadership management skills.
- Prefer an Engineering background to oversee the technical analysis of geometric objects in 2 and 3 dimensions including understanding of clearances, fit, and finish of packaging components and subcomponents.
- Comprehensive knowledge of materials used in the construction and manufacturing of primary, secondary, and tertiary packaging
- Strong knowledge of decorating techniques and materials used on primary, secondary, and tertiary packaging. Direct fragrance packaging (glass, injection, aluminum, and decorations) experience is preferred.
- Comprehensive knowledge of test methods used to validate component/package performance
#jbc #fragrance #supply chain #2024