Product Development ManagerApply Now
Title: Product Development Manager
Company Description: Western Wear
Location: Denver, Colorado
Assisting the Director of Production with overseeing the entire product development process for Western Wear company based in Denver.
This role involves collaborating with cross-functional teams to transform ideas into market-ready products. The ideal candidate is a creative, detail-oriented individual with a deep appreciation for Western culture and fashion.
· Develop and execute product development strategies that align with company objectives and reflect the essence of Western wear.
· Lead and mentor a team of Technical Designers, Product Coordinators, and other professionals.
· Maintain development calendar, track progress of line development and ensure the team is meeting deadlines.
· Collaborate with Designers, Brand Management and manufacturers to develop products that meet our quality, cost and delivery standards.
· Establish and maintain strong relationships with manufacturers and vendors, negotiate terms, and ensure timely delivery of materials, samples and production.
· Monitor product development costs, budgets, and margins to ensure profitability.
· Oversee new development, costing and inventory requirements of raw materials with nominated suppliers.
· Conduct in-depth market research to identify customer preferences and competitive products in the Western wear industry.
· Oversee product testing and quality control to guarantee the durability and authenticity of our Western wear products.
· Bachelor degree in an Apparel related program with a concentration in Product Development.
· 5-7 years of experience as a Product Development Manager within the fashion industry.
· Strong leadership and team management abilities.
· In-depth knowledge of Western wear lifestyle, designs, and trends.
· Expert knowledge of fabrics, trims and finishing processes.
· Expert knowledge in patternmaking, grading, construction and fit.
· Ability to make independent decisions based on a higher level of knowledge and expertise.
· Ability to mentor less tenured teammates and share knowledge and expertise with others.
· Ability to think big picture; thorough understanding of how Product –Development decisions and processes impact other areas of the Company.
Directly supervises employees in their performance of all aspects of product development.
Open to relocation and will provide relocation assistance funds.
Salary is commensurate with experience and is an estimated range provided by JBC.