Product Development ManagerApply Now
Title: Product Development Manager
Location: NY (on-site)
Company: fashion company
*denim experience is a must
- Exceptional eye for product details and innate drive for upholding quality
- Drive the product development calendar. Make sure that all deadlines of product development cycle are kept by all parties (cross-functional team, suppliers etc). Ensure samples arrive on time and prepare for milestone meetings.
- Coordinate and review protos/samples with Design. Communicate design and construction changes to factories to achieve final fit and construction that meet expectations.
- Ensure quality standards and the most efficient price considering all cost drivers (including raw materials, trims, washing/ printing/dying processes, CMT costs and market forces such as exchange rate; inflation; transport; supplier capacity)
- Work with Design and Fabric R&D on initial development and innovations
- Review cost sheets and validate cost components/ factory charges.
- Responsible for PLM data entry and maintenance Prepare all necessary information for order placement and provide to Merchandise Operation Team.
- Be the key contact point for agencies and suppliers and build up and maintain strong partnerships with strategic partners by measuring and improving their performance.
- Establish strong collaborative relationships with cross-function divisional teams.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in textile, clothing/product management or manufacturing
- Minimum 2 years of experience in apparel DENIM product development, design, or production.
- Knowledge of supply chain processes and its challenges
- Excellent knowledge of fabrics, technical development, wash and production processes.
- Excellent organizational skills and sense for setting right priorities and deadlines.
- Be able to manage simultaneously multiple fast-paced calendars, and multiple seasons.
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Negotiation skills and strong assertiveness
- Well-developed analytical ability
- Strong communicator (written & verbal) that can act as the liaison between multiple design & production.
- Proficient command of English
- Microsoft Office user knowledge
- Experience in PDM/PLM
- Adobe Illustrator, Excel and Photoshop knowledge
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Ability to effectively interact, work, and develop meaningful relationships with people of various cultural backgrounds (USA and ASIA)