Pharma Copywriter (Oncology)Apply Now
Job Title: Copywriter
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania or New York, New York
Duration: Full time
Pay rate: $85-95k
Rate is commensurate with experience and is an estimated range provided by JBC.
Our client is a major healthcare advertising agency currently looking for a senior copywriter. You should have a strong core in not only traditional writing for advertising, but specific pharma experience writing for oncology drugs. This person’s primary responsibility will be to be a key participant in shaping the creative strategy showing strong conceptual abilities, offering unique solutions to challenges. The Sr. Writer should stimulate ideas and bring out the imaginations of the team in working toward developing their leadership skills. The is person’s responsibilities are but are not limited to:
- Participating fully in the development creative briefs and of strategic and tactical plans
- Alert to changes in the client’s marketplace; evaluates work in light of the marketing situation
- Works with the client directly on developing solutions and presenting ideas
- Works more independently, under tight deadlines, while juggling multiple projects
- Articulates a clear direction to studio, vendors and junior staffExpert knowledge of the science in order to use it innovatively.
- Begins to master nuances of the work and shows ability to think on feet
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously and juggle writing demands
- Ensure copy tone and style are consistent with brand and style guidelines
- Interact with project teams to understand business objectives and audience demographics
- Makes sound decisions in an expedient manner
- Upholds the highest standards for all agency work while upholding agency performance standards in all direct reports
- Sr. Copywriters with out clients have at least 4+ years of writing experience in an advertising or interactive agency.
- Must have 1-3 + years of Pharma or Health/Healthcare experience
- Previous mentor or leadership experience is strongly preferred
- You must also have strong experience working on large cross channel and/or direct marketing initiatives including rich media, web, direct and print. Experience with online and social media is strongly preferred.
- A strong & diverse portfolio is required for consideration
- Must be open to travel as needed for client engagements