Marketing CopywriterApply Now
Job Title: Marketing Copywriter
Location: Montgomery County, PA (5 Days on Site No Exceptions)
Duration: Full Time
Salary: $65,000 – $70,000*
*Salary is commensurate with experience and is an estimated range provided by JBC.
Our client, a premier lender and mortgage servicer is looking for an in-house Marketing Copywriter to join their team. In this role, you will be tasked with composing copy for external communications purposes, including but not limited to: press releases, byline articles, social media copy, website pages, print ads and more. The ability to write effective copy specific to the mortgage or finance industry, using relevant terminology, will be key in being successful in this role. Strong spelling, grammar, computer skills and the ability to work both on your own and with a team are required as is demonstrating the ability to prioritize and exercise time management.
The Marketing Copywriter will work on a wide variety of products, involving companies business channels, so a prowess for pivoting between external audiences is a must. This role will frequently collaborate with the Social Media Specialist and Public Relations Manager on crafting a clear voice for the company.
- Adopt and enhance company’s voice and messaging
- Draft public relations related content in support of a variety of public relations programs, including press releases, byline articles, blog posts, recognition/awards submissions, website copy, etc.
- Demonstrate flexibility and an understanding of writing for varying mediums and purposes
- Maintain a self-starter attitude, displaying initiative, with the ability to work well on a team
- Collaborate with business channel leaders and Public Relations Manager to ensure brand consistency across initiatives
- Exceptional proofreading and editing skills
- Performs related duties as assigned by management.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Four (4) year undergraduate degree
- 3-5 years of experience writing in the business sector for a variety of mediums
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability Requirements
- Broad experience in all forms of copywriting (i.e., storytelling, short-form for advertising, organized and informative writing for websites, press releases and byline articles)
- Experience in crafting a clear and distinct voice for brands
- Experience in writing for the finance or mortgage and banking industry
- Ability to write effective copy specific for the mortgage or finance industry; familiarity with relevant terminology
- Strong spelling, grammar, computer skills
- Ability to work both on your own and with a team
- Comfort working in an environment of team collaboration, collective brainstorming and incorporating feedback and creative direction into the final product
- Maintain a self-starter attitude, display initiative
- Ability to prioritize and exercise time management