Manager, Packaging Development and SourcingApply Now
Title: Packaging Development and Sourcing Manage (Hybrid office schedule – 4 days / wfh Fridays)
Location: New York, NY.
Company: Global Fragrance Company (Publicly Traded)
(Salary/Hourly rate is commensurate with experience and is an estimated range provided by JBC)
To be a great fit for this opportunity it is essential that you have a minimum of 4 years in cosmetics or fragrance or spirits experience you have experience, passion and drive to develop customized and innovative packaging solutions for every brand you touch!
Background – You must come from cosmetics, beauty, fragrance or spirits and be experienced enough to jump in and work with vendors, brand teams and the packaging team to ensure you optimize design, quality, cost and functionality of each bottle.
This role reports directly to the Director of Packaging and Project Management and will be responsible for the following duties:
- Establishing and maintaining a sourcing & production strategy
- Vendor assessment, selection, and relationship management for global brand portfolio and able to communicate with internal branding team to be aligned on all the needs of each project!
- Manages concept or package in terms of manufacturability, cost of goods, investments, and preliminary lead times
- Experience working with contract manufacturers and vendors and able to drive packaging innovation and identify new trends and technology. You must have experience in custom tooling and costs and it is highly preferred that you have experience working with the art of glass.
The following are a few of the requirements of the role:
- Minimum of 4-5 years packaging, ideally 2-3 years in fragrance and cosmetics
- Technical competency and materials knowledge including: Injection molding, Glass forming and decoration, Dispensing system, and Folding carton/rigid box design
- Happy to travel both domestically and internationally and work 4 days in office if not travelling.
#jbc , #beauty, #fragrance #wearehiring #packaging, #technicalskills #supplychain