Freelance Videographer/EditorApply Now
Client: Cosmetics and Skincare Brand
Title: Freelance Videographer/Editor
Duration: 8 months
Location: Dallas, TX
Pay: $25- $30/hr
*Hourly rate is commensurate with experience and is an estimated range provided by JBC.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Creatively takes an edit from concept to completion using video, audio, and motion graphics that support the objectives specified in the creative briefs. Meets with project owners to determine overall objectives for communication vehicle; proposes visual solutions and creative approaches to support objective; provides creative input and techniques, presentation concepts, project management, and technical implementation. Independently edits videos using multiple editing platform technology with a current emphasis on Premier Editing Suite. Chooses the best shots and edits to create an audience-motivating piece; finishing with color correction, audio mixing, and mastering. Digital asset management and archiving, duplication as needed, and coordination and tracking of all final video compression formats required.
2. Creates, enhances, and/or animates motion graphics and creates video effects and graphic treatments to produce videos and multi-media projects of high quality in the most cost-efficient manner. Utilizes thorough knowledge of motion graphics for videos in production. Continuously evaluates and utilizes various approaches, technology, and methods of production.
3. Collaborates with other team members or works independently to shoot events both in the studio and on location. Provides production support, as needed, within the department and during special events by coordinating other production functions or acting as a production crew specialist. Knowledge of cameras, framing, lighting, and green screen are essential.
4. Produces engaging elements for social media posts and videos for various social media platforms.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Bachelor’s degree in RTVF (Radio Television Video and Film), related degree or equivalent experience
3-5 years of experience managing and executing video projects in an agency, in-house production department, or similar professional studio environment
1. Time management skills essential along with the ability to manage multiple edit jobs simultaneously.
2. Must have comprehensive knowledge of Premiere editing software and an understanding of codecs as well as video compression and audio editing. Proficient on Adobe Premiere and/or Avid, After Effects, and Photoshop. Understanding of various types of online remote recording as well as android, ios and windows platforms is a plus.
3. Proficient with MS Office applications. Must have a working knowledge of Mac operating systems.
4. Strong communication skills required in order to effectively coordinate and communicate with project managers.
5. Need strong project management skills to conceive, define, implement, and evaluate projects and their results.
6. Must have a good understanding of composition, lighting, and green screen production.
7. Needs to be flexible and able to adjust to moving schedules.
8. Professionalism and excellent people skills necessary with the variety of people from executives to independent contractors.