Freelance Associate Designer, IntimatesApply Now
Title: Freelance Associate Designer, Intimates
Location: NYC Hybrid
Duration: 4 months
Rate: $30-$35/ hour Hourly rate is commensurate with experience and is an estimated range provided by JBC
*MUST HAVE LINGERIE/INTIMATES EXPERIENCE
The Associate Designer is an individual contributor position responsible for assisting with the creation of commercially viable product designs across a specific category and collections. This role coordinates and delivers brand-right designs that tie back to the overall concept and business strategy, encompassing style, color/print, fit and fabric for new/existing product lines. This person applies a solid working knowledge of fashion trends and consumer needs to product designs, while demonstrating passion for the brand.
- Create brand-right, commercial designs that reflect the conceptual direction/business strategy.
- Develop seasonal product with a focus on style, fit and fabric
- Deliver design sketches/prototypes and provide specifications
- Adapt designs based on feedback, incorporating for finalization
- Execute design sketches/prototypes and provide specifications with detailed tech packs and fit updates as collection evolves.
- Apply processes to understand/anticipate the needs of the customer in order to exceed customer expectations and readily react to their needs
- Utilize resources in sourcing new ideas, both internally and externally, and stay up to date on competitor research/trend analysis
- Collaborate and follow-up on deliverables with vendors and key partners throughout the design process including Merchandising, Marketing, and Product Development
- Brainstorm and present ideas to team
- Prepare materials for meetings and presentations and coordinate logistics
- Achieve set goals with acute attention-to-detail, tracking progress & anticipating potential issues
- Pursue/embrace opportunities to personally grow and develop skills/competencies
- Build and maintain effective relations with key partners
- Seek to improve process in order to deliver efficiently with speed/agility
- Meet budget and time commitments without compromising design excellence
- Supporting Team for regular internal company presentations
- Contribute to Custom requests when needed
- Create and maintain accurate colored linesheets and PLM system as the source of truth for all cross-functional teams.
- With support of Manager, attend and lead weekly fittings to ensure execution of design intent
- Conduct regular market research across wide variety of platforms to stay on top of trends.
- Bachelor's degree in Design
- 3+ years of design experience in a comparable retail environment
- Prior experience in Lingerie/Corseterie constructions and understanding of female body silhouette
- Sound knowledge of fashion history (key designers / styles)
- Commercial fashion eye and detail in product styling/performance
- Customer service philosophy
- Collaborative partner with a team-oriented approach
- Highly motivated, passionate and results oriented
- Solid communication and presentation skills
- Champion for change and able to react with speed and agility
- Flexible and creative problem solver.
- Personal professionalism and accountability
- Moderate domestic travel
- Microsoft Office proficiency
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign proficiency
- PLM system knowledge is a plus
- Beautiful hand sketching skill is a plus