DevOps Engineer – Security / AWSApply Now
Client: Global Tech Company
Location: Remote USA
Hourly Wage: $70-$84 hr W2 only
Hourly rate is commensurate with experience and an estimate provided by JBC
We are seeking a DevOps Engineer experienced with Security along AWS to join our client Remotely for a Long term contract engagement with the potential to go perm.
- Extensive Cloud Security experience (AWS & GCP)
- Provide insight into emerging technologies and work with the team to make architectural design decisions
- Implement new features while prioritizing user experience, modern design, high availability, and scalability
- Refactor existing code and fix bugs while prioritizing stability, security, and simplicity
- Communicate and collaborate with other teams, both technical and non-technical
- Contribute to enhancing the team's technical and organizational culture; serve as a role model to others
- Continuously review and evaluate the cloud security settings/configuration, apply possible enhancements, and propose appropriate security tools.
- Propose and implement solutions to unify security policies on-prem and across hybrid Cloud environments.
What Youll Need
- 5+ years of advanced AWS experience: EC2, S3, IAM, VPC, Lambda, EKS, ECS, CloudFront, CloudFormation, CloudTrail, RDS, DynamoDB, ALB/ELB, API Gateway integration; AWS Professional certification highly preferred
- 3+ years of GCP experience a plus
- 3+ years of infrastructure as code (IaC) experience (CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.)
- 2+ years of Python experience
- Excellent understanding of networking fundamentals (VLANs, firewalls, OSI model)
- Expert-level understanding of Cloud security principles
- Advanced-level scripting experience (Bash, Python)
- Experience with Docker, containerization, microservices, ECS, or Kubernetes
- CISSP, AWS, and/or Kubernetes certifications are strongly preferred