Location: Hybrid NYC (Near Chelsea Market)
Compensation: $175,000 – $200,000 year + Bonus
Salary is commensurate with Experience and an estimate provided by JBC
Our client, a luxury apparel company, is seeking a Controller to join them for a full time perm engagement.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely recording of financial transactions in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Execute, monitor, and enhance month-end/year-end checklists and workflows to ensure timely, accurate period-close procedures and relevant financial reporting.
- Ensure balance sheet and account reconciliations are properly performed and reviewed in a timely manner with reconciling items clearly explained and supported.
- Manage and maintain accruals and reserves for accurate monthly and annual results
- Establish, monitor, enhance the internal control environment to ensure compliance.
- Work with FP&A to explain monthly variances to budgets/forecasts and utilize variance analysis to support accruals where necessary.
- Track financial KPI’s for AR aging, DSO, DPO, Inventory turns, etc., and manage to target.
- Manage banking relationships, establish cash control procedures, and prepare cash forecasts.
- Manage financial covenant compliance and prepare compliance certificates
- Manage external auditor relationships, and support annual reviews and resolution of audit findings
- Set SLA’s and targets for the accounting personnel, supervise, and develop talent.
- Public accounting experience and MBA a plus
- 10+ years of professional financial and business analysis experience within an apparel or consumer packaged goods company
- Experience with a global company working with multiple currencies