Consumer Insights ManagerApply Now
Company: Large Entertainment Brand
Duration: 12 month W2 Contract
Location: New York, NY – Hybrid
Compensation: $39-40/hr. W2
Salary is commensurate with experience and is an estimated range provided by JBC
The Consumer Insights Manager holds a distinctive role within the Consumer Insights team, playing a key part in supporting both traditional and emerging platforms. This individual leverages their expertise in brand strategy to generate actionable insights for cross-functional teams. The role focuses on driving Ad Sales Revenue Generation, fostering Sales Team Collaboration, contributing to Thought Leadership, and offering Ad-Hoc Marketing, Brand, and Digital Strategy support for the company's family of brands.
- Develop compelling category insights for the Sales team, enhancing client cultural understanding, informing strategy, and identifying cross-platform opportunities.
- Strengthen the Sales Team’s competitive advantage by compiling, maintaining, and regularly communicating key audience facts, such as the Black Facts deck and infographic.
- Collaborate with Ad Sales Research Analytics to utilize cross-platform viewership data (linear, digital, and social) for innovative audience analyses, positioning our networks uniquely in the marketplace.
- Assist in conducting advertiser and sponsorship effectiveness evaluations (for linear, digital, and experiential).
- Contribute to establishing an ad effectiveness playbook, leveraging cross-vendor insights and compiling custom content learnings.
- Support Brand Effectiveness initiatives, including vendor management, drafting briefs, RFPs, outlines, and questionnaires, coordinating meetings with key stakeholders, and sharing recaps.
- Contribute to, manage, and socialize thought leadership pieces (e.g., Social/Digital Consumer) that advance the business and maintain brand positions within the Black Diaspora.
- Assist with large-scale qualitative and quantitative research projects, including research design, pre-planning, asset collection, vendor management, qualitative research moderation, data analysis, and disseminating/presenting findings.
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field.
- 4+ years of experience in media, advertising, or consumer research.
- 3-4 years of prior experience in a marketing, strategy, or analytics role.
- Understanding of Nielsen ratings and streaming.
- Passion for the entertainment space and programming, with strong knowledge of the cable television industry, particularly the Black consumer market.
- Strong storytelling skills with a proven background in translating data into insights and insights into compelling narratives that influence decisions.
- Experience with consumer panel and point of sale data interpretation, consumer profiling databases, ad intel, ratings data, social listening tools, and data portals/warehouses.