Art DirectorApply Now
Title: Art Director
Company: Lifestyle Brand
The candidate will partner closely and report into the Chief of Marketing while building and maintaining a collaborative partnership with the Founder/Creative Director. The Art Director will elevate the Brand presence, ensuring creative excellence across all channels – shaping the creative vision to enhance brand visual identity and unified brand experience in alignment with the company’s objectives. This role will be responsible for concepting and executing creative content for 360 campaigns from collaborative ideation to design development and presentation of creative strategy through final execution for application across all multi-channel customer touchpoints. The AD is a confident leader able to coach and manage junior creatives and proactively manage deadlines. You’re hands-on, agile, strategic, detail-oriented and driven with a belief that anything is possible with a strong knowledge and background of the designer/luxury space.
*Remote position with travel required all production photoshoots and seasonal product meetings.
Ensure Creative is produced to the highest standard and provides a consistent brand message translated into our visual language across all channels.
• Provides thoughtful creative leadership, direction, and inspiration to develop and drive cross-channel, brand-building, commerce-driving creative assets and marketing solutions that address strategic business objectives.
• Drive and iterate on the brand visual identity including graphic direction, photography/video style for multi-channel campaigns that touch all areas of the customer experience, including e-comm, retail, email marketing, traditional marketing, social and more.
• Proven experience developing high quality concept, graphic design, and art direction while maintaining a consistent brand identity- including but not limited to omni-channel marketing, E-commerce site experience, Retail and Wholesale POS collateral, Email, Direct to Consumer vehicles, Domestic and Regional Advertising and promotions.
• Lead creative development and on-set direction for all seasonal shoots (including video) from content planning and execution, through post-production.
• Define the company’s brand identity while ensuring consistency across all marketing materials, communications and customer touch points to build brand equity and increase brand recognition
• Exceptional execution of on-brand design projects from conceptual stage to final execution, including all digital channels (web, email, social), retail and bespoke marketing activations that balances the brand story alongside seasonal product initiatives
• Act as brand filter and quality control for all team’s work.
• Promotes continual creative improvement and actively contributes to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability.
• Strong background in directing and styling photo shoots with website marketing experience in various forms of media
• Collaborate with Marketing to align creative strategies with overarching business objectives and copy team to communicate brand messaging
• Work closely with producer in support of ongoing content creation needs, on set direction and post production.
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to ensure project goals and objectives are clearly distilled, communicated, and met.
• Set an example of creative excellence that inspires and guides the team to always reach for the highest brand standards.
• Hands-on creative with an exceptional eye for luxury centric creative, design and content.
• Able to simultaneously juggle multiple projects while appropriately prioritizing and delegating
while remaining accountable for the success of the team.
• A creative problem solver with excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Naturally elicit and provide impactful feedback, thoughtfully communicating what the team is doing well and where the opportunities for improvement are.
• Thrive in an environment where you manage multiple priorities, meet tight project deadlines and work at a fast pace.
• Able to develop and execute a sophisticated and design style with the ability to articulate opportunities for elevated refinements through the lens of a luxury, designer brand.
• Able to flex between creative strategy, design, concepting and production fluidly.
• Minimum 8+ years of creative and art direction experience with a proven track record of high-quality design and content creation.
• A background in the luxury space – specifically, fashion, beauty, or décor required (fashion preferred)
• Experience leading, mentoring and managing a team of creatives
• Strengths in typography, following and building upon design systems, and visual storytelling
• Digital design / email marketing experience
• Creative expertise in the areas of multi-channel campaign design, web design, retail environment and packaging
• Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and other graphic design or web design software (Sketch, Adobe XD, etc)
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Previous experience with eCommerce, especially in the fashion and luxury retail space
• Design degree or similar
Salary: $130k – $160k
Salary is commensurate with experience and is an estimated range provided by JBC.