Title: Temp Accountant
Location: New York, New York
Duration: ASAP – Ongoing
Full time hours
Rate: 35-40/hr *Hourly rate is commensurate with experience and is an estimated range provided by JBC.
- Process accounts receivable and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures
- Weekly upload of wholesale invoices into financial system and application of payments
- Daily management of wholesale customers’ accounts receivable and credit approvals and communication of accounts’ statuses to the CFO and Operations team
- Collections: Send statements to customers, follow up with customers to resolve any issues involving past due payments
- Misc. GL accounting tasks as needed, such as bank reconciliations and GL account reconciliations
PREREQUISITE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND EDUCATION:
- 3-5 years of experience in Accounting
- Must have strong operating knowledge of Excel
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Standing and sitting for extended periods of time.
- Lifting up to 25 pounds in a safe and prudent manner.
- Ability to easily move throughout an office with ease.
- Ability to read, write, and understand English.
- Ability to effectively interact with others internally and externally.
- Ability to utilize office equipment in a safe and prudent manner, including a copy machine, fax machine, computer, telephone, and other general office equipment that may be used regularly.
- Ability to kneel, crouch, bend, push, pull, stoop, and lift above shoulders.
- Ability to work with many different personalities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Correctable vision and hearing.
- Ability to work on-site as needed.