Temporary Designer, OuterwearApply Now
Job Title: Temporary Designer, Outerwear
Location: HYBRID, NYC
Hourly Rate: $42/hr- $48/hr Hourly rate is commensurate with experience and is an estimated range provided by JBC
Duration: Temp to perm
• Responsibility includes but is not limited to Design presentation & Product development.
• Work with Head of design in coordinating ideas for concept inspiration.
• Conduct on-going market research, fabric and competitors product.
• Rigging to reflect design idea proposal via Black Board and Wall presentations
• Work with Head of design to create product that fits the design brief and is brand appropriate.
• Create presentation boards and research boards for meetings with senior design team.
• Participate in design meetings and manage updates and line lists post meetings.
• Computer sketch design ideas to present to senior design and Merchandising.
• Follow up & follow through on product development along with PD team.
• Partner with Product manager to create line boards and specification details with fabrication swatches for factory allocation, merchandising and product adoption.
• Define all product specification and hand off information to inter departmental partners – including design technical sketches, all fabrication & materials, trims, labeling and silhouette direction.
• Prepare pre-fit samples, 3D taping, mockup & 2D technical sketches, etc
• Ownership to prep all season Final Fabric boards & trims boards.
•Prior experience in Outerwear Design is essential
•PM and MS Office (excel Proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and XD)
• Able to work well with others to build a solid, positive work environment and be extremely organized.
• Strong Communication skills