Temp to Perm Associate Tech DesignerApply Now
Client: Contemporary Brand
Temp to Perm Associate Technical Designer
Looking for an Associate Technical Designer who will link the design department and production to ensure that all designs translate to amazing garments. The role reports directly to the Technical Design Manager and includes supporting the fit process from design to release, setting up tech packs and POMs, measuring and preparing samples for fittings, taking detailed fit notes, generating construction guidelines and clear fit comments to vendors under the direction of the Tech Manager. You will be working closely with our design, product development, and production departments.
We are looking for a full-time, super-efficient, hard-working, Associate Technical Designer who will make sure our clothes look and fit great and are made at the highest level of quality standards.
What You’ll Do:
- Check in samples received from vendors and support measuring for fittings.
- Set up initial tech packs assigned to you, select POMs and develop construction callouts
- Prepare for and attend all category fittings, taking detailed notes and photos
- Fit and own all styles that are assigned to you within your category while working collaboratively with Technical Design Manager on fit outcome.
- Analyze garments to determine compliance of spec, construction, and fit intent.
- Maintain professional and timely email correspondence with vendors, clearly communicating the status and direction of each style.
- Work collaboratively with Technical Design Manager on import and domestic proto through production samples
- Collaborate with Technical Design Manager to create and carry out new processes to improve product workflow
- Update WIP and maintain tracking dates for category styles.
- Request pattern files from vendors and maintain organized storage folders and filing systems for all documentation.
- Bring urgent issues to Manager’s and team’s attention while contributing ideas and solutions.
- Organize, manage, and track samples through the department and pull samples for fittings and or when required for review.
What You’ll Need:
- Degree in Apparel design & manufacturing
- 2-4 years experience in technical design of apparel or relevant training
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy, as well as ability to prioritize and make quick decisions
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented; highly detail oriented and meticulous
- Thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Extremely honest and trustworthy with highest integrity
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines, balance creativity with technical capability, and interpret design sketches for tech packs
- Knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques,
- fabrication and trim; familiarity with print design and manufacturing
- Experience working with overseas factories
Who You Are:
- Very skilled at full pack who wants to excel into a better quality apparel collection
- Desire to grow and continue a career in full pack for an established and high growth company