Temp Prototype Manufacturing TechnicianApply Now
Client: Sportswear Company
Title: Temp 3D Printing Assistant
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months – could be extended
*Hourly rate is commensurate with experience and is an estimated range provided by JBC.
FT Hours- 40 hours week
Location: 5x week onsite – Portland, OR
We are searching for a Consultant, Prototype Manufacturing Technician to support the tean, with a focus on Footwear Innovation and Development projects at our Prototype Tool Laboratory (PTL). The ideal candidate would have a strong interest and background in product design prototyping, additive manufacturing (i.e. 3D Printing) and materials processing. The role will primarily focus on footwear products, but will have opportunities to touch all parts of the brand, including access to the latest technologies and innovations.
• Assist with priority prototype projects across both footwear and apparel, collaborating with design,
development, and concept creation teams across both Innovation and Inline organizations.
• Participate and assist in all aspects of prototype assembly, as needed
• Receive and track all prototype requests, pull 3D files from a shared server, prep and process
files for printability, color and texture assignment as needed.
• Reach out to communicate file issues and timelines to coworkers requesting prototypes.
• Maintain communication channels with design and development leadership, including informing
the teams of down times, scheduled completion times, and operational updates.
• Perform necessary preventative maintenance on lab equipment.
• Communicate with equipment service providers to complete needed repairs, and submit all
materials/consumables orders to a variety of vendors.
• Plan and execute basic repairs on lab equipment by using factory manuals and/or online demos.
• Exercise creativity in part stacking, nesting, etc. Enjoy the opportunity to learn new software and
machine usage protocols. Step up to the challenge of new machines and print asks.
• Use general knowledge of materials and processes to guide prototype or design
recommendations on a variety of footwear and apparel projects
• Maintain the prototyping labs and fabrication shop, including machine maintenance, safety
protocols, consumables, organization, and cleanliness.
• Experience engaging in the 3D print process including file loading, mesh repair, water-tighting for
print, and using printer-specific software for arranging build plate layouts
• Hands-on experience with at least one, or a variety of 3D printing techniques (FFF, SLA, SLS,
DLP, or other, etc.)
• Strong mechanical aptitude and ability to troubleshoot/repair both mechanical and electrical
systems on laboratory equipment
• Knowledge of general fabrication and machining techniques
• Basic/Intermediate CAD skills
• Interest in learning new skills, machines, software
• Understanding of general lab safety principles
• Ability to lift and/or move up to 40lbs.