Temp Payroll & Benefits CoordinatorApply Now
Client: Luxury Fashion
Title: Temp Payroll and Benefits Coordinator
Start Date: ASAP
Rate: $25-$30/hour *DOE
Hours: FT Hours- 40 hours week
Location: 5 days/wk onsite (NYC West Village)
- Oversees the accurate processing and reporting of employee payroll, maintenance of payroll records, reporting and payment of tax withholdings and retirement withholdings, accruals and balances, and investigation and resolution of payroll issues.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal regulations related to payroll, including regulations related to wages, salaries, fringe benefits, deductions, and disbursements of funds.
- Establishes schedules and methods for providing payroll services; recommends and implements policies and procedures; prepares various reports on payroll operations and activities.
- Participates in payroll software system issue identification and resolution, and implementation of payroll related provisions of law and labor contracts.
- Ensures updates to the payroll database are performed accurately and in a timely manner, including annual and off-cycle salary increases and bonuses
- Assists the Finance Department with reconciling monthly payroll related items posted to the general ledger.
- Perform administrative duties related to company benefit plans (core insurance plans, 401k, flexible spending accounts) such as reconciliation of accounts and timely vendor payments.
- Monitor and audit file feeds between payroll provider and benefits provider to ensure data integrity both internally and externally.
- Responsible for processing all invoices for payroll and benefits services as well as remission of employee deductions to respective benefit plan providers.
- Responsible for administering all compliance processes, including internal and external audits in conjunction with the Finance Department, federally and state-mandated reporting and all other compliance topics.
- Ensures appropriate and timely communications and employee education related to payroll and benefits, including Open Enrollment, New Hire Orientation.
- Works with Retirement Plan Third Party Administrator and Record Keeper to prepare the file the annual Form 5500
- Extensive Experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Experience administering payroll and benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability and other leave policies, and retirement plans (401k)