Store ManagerApply Now
Title: Store Manager
Company: Designer RTW + Accessories
Location: New York
Our client is looking for a results-driven retail store director responsible for the overall store management at our NYC location. The successful candidate will be able to enhance customer satisfaction, meet sales and profitability goals and manage staff effectively. Candidates will have the most success if they have a background in luxury retail management. .
You are responsible for leading your store and are in a unique position to coach your staff, expand your customer base and continue to develop news strategies to drive the business. Leading your team strategically with a vision to achieve a transformative client centric environment, financial and operational goals and model the brand culture. This requires a constant balancing of priorities, including strategic, operational, and leadership excellence with an authentic approach.
- Creates a culture where all store activity and assets are vehicles for showcasing and driving the Brand.
- Applies understanding of behavior and patterns of the store’s customer base, drawing conclusions for making relevant adaptations to service and/or product offer.
- Actively monitors customer satisfaction and feedback systems to drive continuous improvement.
- Leads service by example and ensures highly visible and effective customer service management at all times.
- Actively ensures Brand and product knowledge is transferred into sales skills in all relevant categories.
- Coaches, motivates and inspires team members to accomplish store goals and maximize their individual performance.
- Creates a high performance culture in store by setting clear expectations and targets, analyzing team performance, holding team members accountable and giving appropriate and prompt feedback, including actively managing poor performance.
- Completes store operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees, following up on work results.
- Maintains store staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Drives continuous improvement in stockroom processing and replenishment procedures.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by reviewing professional publications; establishing local networks to drive business; participating in professional societies, presenting to trade market concepts and partnership marketing opportunities.
- Maintains operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Maintains the stability and reputation of the store by complying with legal requirements.
- Minimum 5- 7 years of retail management experience, preferably within a luxury boutique environment.
- Excellent skills in operating personal computers, POS systems, and various software packages including MS office.
- Detail oriented, strong organization and follow-up skills.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a fast paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including the ability to lead discussions in diverse groups of varying size.
- Strong presentation skills, ability to clearly present ideas to groups of people internally and externally.
- Strong sense of entrepreneurial spirit to drive business outside of the boutique, networking and maximizing on opportunities within the existing client base and local network.
- Excellent time management and problem-solving skills as well as the ability to use good judgment and make strong independent decisions.
- Demonstrates an inspirational attitude that contributes to a positive team environment.
- Team oriented but also self-driven with entrepreneurial spirit.