Social Media Content CreatorApply Now
Job Title: Freelance PT Social Media Content Creator
Hourly Rate: $28/hr-$32/hr Hourly rate is commensurate with experience and is an estimated range provided by JBC
Location: NYC (in office Tuesday – Thursday)
PT Hours 25-30 HOURS PER WEEK
Looking for a creative, innovative, and organized video and photo specialist who has a passion for social media. This role supports our social media team to create inspired and compelling content for our social media platforms. This role hybrids as video support and editing as well as still image file handling and organizing.
Responsibilities include social media content research, concepting, design research, video research, capturing iPhone video and stills on set, video editing, internal image repurposing, and image archiving. This person will be a part-time freelancer and must be local to NYC, available to come to in-studio Tuesday-Thursday and be comfortable using company designated phone and their own cellphone for content posting.
• Subject matter expert on social media trends and platform-native content creation, prioritizing video creation on TikTok and Instagram.
• Collaborate with the creative, social, and marketing teams to develop engaging content that resonates across platforms like TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, and YouTube.
• Research and compile social trends, ideas, competitors’ best-in-class examples, and cutting-edge executions to inform and propose new content.
• Create storyboards, shot lists, and pre-production materials for both site content and social-first content.
• Capture and edit original video content and have a hand in all phases of video production from pre-to-post (filming, editing, color correction, sound design, etc.).
• Define and create branded style templates for new and existing social content for IG stories, etc.
• Become a brand personality with high energy and enthusiasm, fearlessly tackling creative projects not limited to: hosting guests on camera, connecting with strangers on the street, starring in wacky trends, walking through routines, etc.
• Driver of “think outside the box” ideas, oftentimes thinking ahead of the curve, steering trend curation and thumb-stopping content audiences want to rewatch, share, and continuously tune in
• Other tasks as assigned.
• Ensure all duties carried out and actions completed in every aspect of your role, contribute to the short and long-term Sustainability Goals set forth- Climate, Biodiversity & People Pillars
• 5+ years school or experience in a social media, photography, videography, editing or creative content field.
• Must be up to speed on the latest social media and content creation techniques and technologies.
• Strong visual mindset and understanding of the wider landscape of beauty video.
• Strong communication skills and ability to take creative direction and bring it to life through video editing.
• Expert in shooting beauty product photography/video (lifestyle, texture, ASMR, unboxing, etc.)
• Ability to turn around content immediately, and/or as needed with content needs and relevant trends.
• Strong understanding of frame composition (lighting, angles, negative space, photo clarity/depth of frame)
• Strong understanding of studio tools such as ring lights, tripods, props, backdrops, etc.
• Knowledge of current trends and internet culture.
• Excellent verbal communication skills & can clearly articulate and document technical processes and issues.
• Exceptional time-management and multi-tasking abilities.
• Has expertise in tools and processes for creative assets and content workflows.
• Strong understanding of the differences between content styles for each platform
• Expert in CapCut and native TikTok editing.
• Proficient in Premier or Final Cut Pro.
• Proficient in Photoshop, InDesign and CaptureOne.
• Interest in the beauty industry and current trends.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong organization and communication skills.
• A willingness and desire to re-examine what you know in order to continually challenge your creativity.
• Experience building and maintaining professional relationships with colleagues and external partners.
• Ability to be resourceful and respond to creative marketing needs quickly.
• Relentless desire for innovation and newness.
• Ability to conceptualize and execute projects with a strong bias for action and the ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
• Desire and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment, and to effectively lead work on multiple projects in various phases and under tight deadlines.
• Ability to easily communicate creative ideas and collaborate in a team environment.
• Social media obsession is a must and a passion for creative experimentation in the digital landscape.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and business negotiation skills.
• Strong multitasking abilities and a deep understanding of the beauty and photography/video industries on a highly detailed level.
• Productivity focused and proven to be a quick problem solver with strong decision-making skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to accept constructive criticism throughout editing and feedback process.
• Ability to organize, prioritize, and schedule work assignments and project calendars.
• Unwavering attention to detail and an acute awareness that everything counts.