Senior Sales Manager, Key AccountsApply Now
Title of Job: Sr Sales Manager, Key Accounts
Company Description: Growing skincare brand
Location: New York, NY (Remote)
Salary: $120,000 – $130,000
*Salary is commensurate with experience and is an estimated range provided by JBC
US Key Accounts Sales Sr Manager
The US Key Accounts Sales Sr Manager is responsible for proactively managing and growing US key wholesale customers. This includes all existing customers with a primary focus on Bluemercury. Near-term focus will be on driving sell-through within existing accounts with a longer-term focus on selectively expanding distribution. The US Key Accounts Sales Sr Manager will work directly with Key Accounts to develop and execute business plans that deliver on specific commercial and brand targets, ultimately bringing in sales volumes in line with budget and pre-agreed investment levels.
Strategic Planning & Sales Delivery:
· Build, articulate and implement strategy for growth for each Key Account.
· Deliver the budgeted sales for the Key Accounts managed in a way aligned with the brand’s business goals.
· Closely monitor both sell-in and sell-out to ensure growth is sustainable and long term.
· Collaborate with Marketing on developing retailer specific in-store and digital marketing plans aligned with retailer activity calendars and managing/ defining total retail promotional strategy and activations.
· Develop store sales targets and plan/execute in-store events and sales building activities to achieve sell-through targets.
· Accelerate Retailer.com channel by working with digital team to optimize and strengthen PDP content and negotiate best in class site exposure.
· Provide visibility of sales trends and provide accurate trend analysis to align financial expectations with market realties and mitigate budgeting risks.
· Plan the sales demand and work closely with supply chain to forecast customer volumes for core products and new product launches.
· Manage the customer’s inventory levels to ensure minimum risk to out of stocks.
· Analyze impact of paid programming including COOP advertising, GWPs, sampling, etc.
· Build strong working relationships with Key Accounts and facilitate cross organizational relationships.
· Conduct effective customer negotiations of portfolio, promotional calendars, investment levels, and trading terms including all contractual agreements.
· Develop a strong, collaborative business plan with the customer and collaborate with marketing to present innovation and marketing plans during market week meetings.
· Manage day-to-day contact and regular account field visits both to customer’s offices and retail sales locations. Approximately 20%-30% of the time will require travelling for meetings as well as market visits.
· Manage contractors and outsourced field sales agency to deliver excellent store execution through well planogramed store fixtures, performing assortments and quality brand representation. Work with customers to maximize the brand’s space opportunity.
· Maintain a routine, disciplined and hands on approach to being physically present within customer’s business and help to build grass level relationships (store manager/assistant manager level).
· Overall responsibility for admin related to Key Accounts inclusive of order and inventory management, sample/GWP management, planogram execution, merchandising requirements, new item set up, etc.
· Regular analysis of competitor activity, customer sales data, measurement and evaluation of key promotional activities, and development of recommendations on how to deliver business growth.
· Highly organized/ detail-oriented, strong communicator with the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong presentation skills with the ability to solve problems, negotiate and take ownership.
· Positive, committed attitude.
· Strong aptitude for learning quickly and taking on new challenges.
· Embraces both big picture objectives and follows through on details.
· Self-starter who proactively suggests solutions.
· Ability to analyze, summarize, and effectively present data.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with persuasive and assertive approach.
· Must be flexible, work well independently, and have a team-oriented approach.
· 7+ years in a similar role within beauty category, prestige/luxury experience preferred.
· Working relationship with US department stores, specialty retail and third-party ecommerce accounts. Bluemercury experience strongly preferred.
· Proven ability to deliver on sales targets and build relationships.
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
· Reports to CEO
· Remote position, east coast or central US preferred.