Senior ParalegalApply Now
Atlanta, GA (Hybrid onsite)
$100,000-$115,000 + Bonus and Equity
Salary an estimate based on experience and provided by JBC
The Sr. Paralegal will primarily work with a collegial team of attorneys on the client's Corporate Legal Team. Key areas of support will include corporate governance, regulatory compliance, contract management, and legal operations.
What you’ll be doing:
- Manage legal department’s shared email inbox, proactively routing communications to appropriate internal clients/stakeholders, and administer and optimize team workflow processes utilizing Thomson Reuters suite of products, including Legal Tracker and HighQ.
- Assist with investigation and response to subpoenas and third-party document/information requests directed to the company.
- Support team on all aspects of vendor and broker contract management, including document retention, editing, and electronic execution processes.
- Independently review and negotiate NDAs and other basic contracts.
- Assist corporate counsel with submission of regulatory filings such as annual statements and forms, biographical affidavits, and coordinate background checks and fingerprinting on behalf of directors and officers.
- Utilize Diligent Entities platform to organize, maintain, and ensure accuracy of company electronic corporate records.
- Assist with legal invoice and matter management in Legal Tracker, and other administrative tasks needed to effectively manage outside counsel.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or commensurate work experience is required (Minimum of 5 investigative experience in Insurance or related field)
- Industry Certification preferred (Fraud Claims Law Specialist (FCLS), Fraud Claims Law Associate (FCLA), Certified Insurance Fraud Investigator (CIFI) or Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE).
- Experience within legal or regulatory compliance
- At least 3+ years of experience as a paralegal in a law firm or corporate legal department, with a background in the P&C insurance industry strongly preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and time management skills
- Effective speaking and presentation skills
- The ability to present complex information in an understandable and compelling manner