SENIOR FIT TECHNICIAN, MEN’SApply Now
SENIOR FIT TECHNICIAN, MEN'S
Reporting to the Sr. Director, Tech Services, you will own the Fit for the Men’s Apparel category. You will lead and organize the bi-weekly Men’s fitting sessions to ensure Fit consistency, speed, and meeting production deadlines. Optimizing and streamlining Fit process will be a key function of this role
- Compile information on all garments including fit, fabric, construction, and trim into the simple tech pack
- Check construction and quality of product to ensure sample has proper construction for garment category and fabrication.
- Communicate fit and balance issues with pattern diagram or fit comments
- Build fit comments promptly to ensure the fit process stays following production and action timelines.
- Create easily understandable comments using written and visual methods.
- Lead Fit sessions on live model or mannequin and solve for Fit problems
- Update Tech Packs with the most current information
- Work with cross-functioning teams to ensure production timelines
- Work with domestic and overseas vendors by email and video chats
- Manage daily workflow and prioritize activities based on needs
- 5+ years’ experience in the apparel industry as a Technical Designer/Fit Tech within Men's
- Understanding of flat garment measuring, construction, quality control/assurance.
- Experience with apparel development process from creation through production.
- Experience with live fittings and evaluation of overall fit with an ability to make necessary fit corrections to achieve standard fit.
- Knowledge of preparing and writing product specification sheets across companywide products.
- Communicate Fit comments and Fit corrections to send to Factory daily.
- An eye for details
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- English, additional language(s) an advantage
- Schedule of this position: M-F, In-Person at our Vernon, CA HQ
- Percentage of Travel: 10% (within the local market)
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k Match
- Kitchen stocked with snacks and drinks
- Weekly catered food, fun events, and free FN swag
- Summer Fridays at HQ
- Team bonding events and programs