Senior Financial AnalystApply Now
Job Title: Senior Financial Analyst
Company: Real Estate, Mortgage
Location: Onsite, Dallas, TX
Salary: $95-$105k DOE
Our client, a premier lender and mortgage servicer, is looking for a Financial Analyst to join their team. This person will be a valued member of the Financial Planning & Analytics (FP&A) team and will interact with multiple departments internally, including the support of specific business units. Successful candidates are highly motivated individuals who excel in a fast-paced environment, possess a strong work ethic, work well independently as well as across multi-functional teams, and always strive for excellence. The individual selected for the job will leverage creative talents, excellent communication, analytic and project management skills to:
- Provide dedicated financial and analytical support to assigned business units, including annual budgeting, regular forecasting, variance analyses.
- Maintain and develop reporting on key operational and financial metrics. Establish a regular review cadence with business partners to discuss financial performance and variance to plan and forecast projections.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the financial performance of business units and how they contribute to the overall performance of the company.
- Assist in regular monthly and quarterly close processes to ensure accurate reporting of financials.
- Perform frequent ad-hoc analyses for senior management to assist in key decision making for the company.
- Excel in a team-oriented, collaborative environment while demonstrating ownership and accountability for assigned areas.
- Partner effectively with key stakeholders, including leadership of assigned business units, other members of FP&A and business partners in other departments such as Accounting, Treasury, Operations etc.
- Be accountable for key operational and financial metrics including investigating and coordinating the resolution of any operational issues that are discovered.
- Clearly articulate and present ideas and findings to varied audiences including business partners and senior management.
- Prior work experience working for large company performing financial analysis and reporting.
- Solid understanding of financial statements and basic accounting principles.
- Organized, strong attention to detail, an ability to multi-task, respond well to pressure and deadlines, and work well individually and in a collaborative environment.
- Strong analytical background and critical thinking skills.
- Strong skills in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word required. Prior experience with Workday and Hyperion (or similar products) a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with an ability to work well in a collaborative environment.
- Fast learner – able to assimilate new ideas and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- At least 5-7 years’ experience working as an analyst in a financial setting, involving the use of advanced spreadsheet functions, databases, and reporting tools.
- Prior mortgage or financial services experience a plus but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required.