Senior Denim Designer/MerchandiserApply Now
Title: Senior Denim Designer/Merchandiser
Company Description: Juniors Apparel Company
Location: New York, New York
*Salary is commensurate with experience and is an estimated range provided by JBC*
– Collaborate with multiple departments team to create new concepts and designs for apparel products.
– Research fashion trends, and market data and identify new opportunities for the company.
– Assist in the development of product prototypes and samples.
– Attend all fittings and provide feedback on designs.
– Lead in all preparing presentations for design concepts and products.
– Provide clear communication on timelines and overall workflow
– Provide knowledge and processes within the denim field
– Provide expertise in all areas of denim design including washes, fits, styles, trends, trims, costing, and details.
– 5+ years of experience in Denim Design preferably in Junior's
– CAD design experience is a must and 3D design is preferred
– Experienced in merchandising
– Detail oriented and able to handle multiple tasks at once and be able to work in a fast-paced environment
– Ability to work independently and with a team to meet multiple deadlines
– Ability to build and maintain relationships with other departments as well as vendors and other overseas offices
– Takes initiative for product categories
– Have a background in denim design
– Strong organizational, computer, and technical skills
– Off-priced vendor and fast-fashion experience a must