Senior Accounting Manager, InventoryApply Now
Title: Sr. Accounting Manager, Inventory
Company Description: Soon to be one of the largest Multi-State Operators in the country. Our client continues its mission of providing the best cannabis products across the country. Giving the medical usage of cannabis to all they can.
Location: Phoenix, AZ
- Lead Corporate Accounting Inventory team. A roll-up-the-sleeves approach to leadership and development.
- Work with the Cultivation and Manufacturing Business Units (“BU”) on reconciliation of inventory and inventory policies
- Work closely with Sr. Cost Accounting Manager and team on standard cost assumptions, absorption, and cost allocations
- Ensure inventory value is properly presented on the balance sheet including completeness
- Perform, review and evaluate for reasonability inventory rollforward calculations and inventory turns analysis
- Implement inventory functionality with Microsoft Dynamics for existing and newly integrated locations
- Review current manufacturing and cultivation processes to determine if they meet best practices and identify opportunities for efficiency or cost savings. Recommend and gain alignment with BU to make required changes.
- Analyze production and material overhead/burden absorption; adjust and report accordingly.
- Conduct inventory reserve analysis on a quarterly basis and report on inventory and inventory aging detail to measure and ensure proper valuation
- Review inventory activity and ensure proper cut-off
- Participate in, assist in set up and review cycle counting at each location
- Observe and/ or coordinate physical inventory in multitude of locations, as needed
- Review, approve and report on inventory adjustments recorded to G/L and item sub-ledgers
- Act as liaison with accounts payable and procurement teams that are critical in inventory reconciliation process
- Must have 7-10 years of accounting experience with 3-5 years in manufacturing or cultivation industry, performing cost and inventory accounting functions
- Standard costing experience helpful
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office programs (especially MS Excel)
- Prior system implementation experience required, specifically inventory functionality
- Microsoft Dynamics, NAV or D365, FACTS, SAP or equivalent financial software(s) is a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow
- Good interpersonal skills and proven ability to positively influence people; must be capable of effectively interacting at all levels in the organization. Detail oriented with an eye on process optimization.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, to manage high stress situations, and to be flexible and adaptable when a situation requires.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CMA preferred