Manager Demand PlanningApply Now
Job: Supply Planning Manager
Industry: Cosmetics and Fragrance (DTC/OmniChannel)
Location: New York, NY
Salary is commensurate with experience and is an estimated range provided by JBC.
Manager, Demand Planning
The Demand Planning Manager will partner with Sales, Marketing, Operations and Finance to develop an accurate demand forecast for all SKUs in the designated area of the business. Accountable to provide focus and integration of data from Marketing, Commercial, and Finance, which are used to develop accurate and timely forecasts supporting Operations, Sales, and Financial Planning. Ensure consistency of forecast assumptions across the business unit, including base business trends, promotional plans, new launch volumes, planogram changes and seasonal volume.
Check if You are Qualified and Will Thrive In This Role:
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience preferably within a FMCG industry; minimum of 2 years forecasting experience required with Bachelor’s degree , preferably in Supply Chain or other quantitative business discipline.
- Strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills required and a zest for working in a fast paced // fast growing business
- Strong Software Skills: Proficiency with MS Office required, intermediate MS Excel required, advanced Excel helpful; experience with a forecast modeling tool preferred, e.g., Logility; SAP experience helpful.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and specifically Microsoft Excel and Project Experience with ERP systems and data warehouse tools necessary to effect automated planning processes..
Essential Tasks, Duties, & Responsibilities
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, Operations and Finance to develop an accurate demand forecast for all SKUs in the designated area of the business.
- Establish monthly forecast vs actuals meetings to manage and balance demand fluctuations. Manage a 15-month rolling forecast for use in financial, production and strategic planning processes to ensure success!
- Develop and produce daily reports that measures accuracy and discrepancies are highlighted, addressed, and resolved.
- Initiate quarterly Excess and Obsolete review meetings for disposition (hold, destroy, sell-off, etc.) all inventory. Provide management a better understanding of the composition of the inventory.
- Manage replenishment supply planning to support business growth and profitability while managing a tight cost-efficient supply chain.
- Accountable to provide focus and integration of data from Marketing, Sales, and Finance, which are used to develop accurate and timely forecasts supporting Operations, Sales, and Financial Planning
- Ensure consistency of forecast assumptions across the business unit, including base business trends, promotional plans, new launch volumes, planogram changes and seasonal volume
- Identify areas of risk and opportunity to the business plan due to internal/external factors and alert Management
- Ensure consistency of forecast assumptions, including targeted strategic customers, base business trends, promotional plans, media, launch sizing, planogram changes and seasonal volume.
- Interact and collaborate with Sales, Marketing & Finance in the development of the forecast, by considering market trends, stock in trade and brand priorities.
- Participate and prepare the forecast consensus meetings to ensure objectives are clearly identified and decisions are made.
- Monitor performance vs. the forecast throughout the month identifying any key shifts or trends.
- Analyze forecast variation/deviation with the goal to minimize out of stocks and prevent the build of excess & obsolete inventory.
- Work with the business in action plans to help prevent and reduce excess/obsolete.
- Manage the product catalogue inclusive of product life cycle.
- Analyze and interpret SKU effectiveness and efficiency.
- Guide/drive SKU rationalization
- Prepare written analyses, documentation, reports, or other data.