Licensing Manager/DirectorApply Now
Title of Job: Licensing Manager/Director
Location: New York, NY
Company: Global fashion and lifestyle brand
Salary: $110,000 – $130,000
*Salary is commensurate with experience and is an estimated range provided by JBC
A fashion/lifestyle brand management company based in New York City, is seeking a Licensing Manager/Director with 5-7+ years of relevant experience in fashion or consumer brand licensing to manage, optimize and help further develop its licensing programs across numerous fashion and lifestyle categories including womenswear, shoes, handbags, jewelry, eyewear, denim, activewear, sleepwear, kids, fragrance and beauty, and home, among others.
- Work with senior management to help develop, meet and exceed strategic and financial goals for licensed program.
- Manage all areas of day to day licensing program, including communications, product approvals and compliance.
- Ongoing review of licensing program to ensure consistent maximization and exploitation of rights.
- Identify white space business opportunities within existing program and potential new partners.
- Work with business development team to solicit new partner opportunities and assess proposals.
- Communicate with licensees regarding brand and product strategy, financials and marketing updates.
- Collaborate with retail development team to ensure brand is top of mind at key retailers, with maximum exposure.
- Liaise and collaborate with licensees and corporate brand marketing department.
- Work with finance team to ensure timely royalty reporting and collections.
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field
- 5-7 years of experience in fashion or lifestyle brand licensing or agency
- Strong consumer products background with proven track record of success in generating and increasing licensing revenue.
- Solid managerial skills and experience in mentoring young staff and peers through guidance and good example.
- Self-starter with a strong attention to detail, excellent organization and interpersonal skills, a sense of urgency and an affinity for fashion/lifestyle licensing
- Ability to function both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced “start-up like” environment