Head of Design and MerchandisingApply Now
Title: Head of Design and Merchandising
Company Description: Wholesale Footwear Company
- Serve as connecting thread between Product, Finance and Marketing teams. Work together with each department to meet design calendar deadlines, set target SKU count for each season, and successfully schedule product drop dates.
- Work with Finance team to gather product sales and velocity data to best understand sales performance throughout the year, during campaigns, and on product drops.
- Partner with Finance team to determine carryover styles for each season, making decisions rooted in sales performance. Share carryover styles with Design team to design around.
- Create goals for Design team for number of new designs for each collection within product lines based on seasonal target PO quantities from Finance team and cofounders.
- Own product drop calendar, with attention to seasonality and cultural relevance. Ensure the stories the Design team creates with new designs are translated into successful email releases.
- Partner with Design team on selection of seasonal color stories for application to product throughout entire product assortment, creating cohesion and uniformity across the line.
Location: New York, New York
Salary Range DOE: $100-$150k
- BA/BS or equivalent, ideally in Apparel or Fashion Merchandising/Design or related field
- 7+ years of Merchandising and Design experience, ideally in Footwear
- Can Create CADS, Hand sketch
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, particularly Excel
- A keen eye for color, with experience working with Pantone colors preferred
- Experience working with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Illustrator preferred