Global Social Media DirectorApply Now
Amazing Skincare Brand in NYC seeing a Global Social Media Director with 8-10 years experience and heightened understanding and knowledge of each social media platform from a brand marketing perspective, including platform updates, paid media formats, corresponding rules/laws, changing offerings, news, analytics, and reporting tools across desktop and mobile. To learn more about this opportunity keep reading and think about how you might build out the strategies to expand this growing brand…
Responsibility & Job Scope – The Global Social Media Director is a new leadership role charged to scale rapidly our various social communities globally, identify new engagement opportunities with retail partners and influencers, and push boundaries in paid and earned media. This role drives and executes a comprehensive social media and community advocacy strategy across all social platforms.
This person is responsible for being an expert on social trends & metrics, influencer management and sales conversion, content creation, KOC and community engagement across the digital landscape. This person should also have a lens toward the global marketplace and be able to implement a social media and community advocacy strategy that resonates worldwide (North America, APAC, UK, ROW). This role sets the global standard for brand awareness through social channels, and develops local directives for community management.
The brand aspires to provide feel-good social content, detailed skin wellness education, and highly responsive community care. Our goal is to drive large-scale awareness for their luxury skincare and best represent the brand in the digital space with our customers and with influential communities– increasing the size and engagement of our following, scaling our advocate community online to amplify awareness and driving sales to on their site and with preferred retail partners – Ulta, QVC and others.
- Create a social roadmap for doubling our community year over year, blending organic, paid, and earned media tactics.
- Evangelize social trends across digital-first organization, acting as thought leader and big-idea generator in collaboration with Marketing and Creative teams.
- Develop social strategies to support new launches and execute brand visions. Communicate strategies to the international teams for consistent messaging worldwide, and coach local markets in best practices.
- Drive audience growth through effective engagements, campaigns, promotions/contests, and cultivate audiences across social platforms.
- Develop content strategy and analytics of the brand's global social channels (current and future) to inform scheduling, posting, and reporting on said channels.
- Serve as key liaison between Global Marketing/Creative Team from briefing phase through program launch in our social channels with focus on organic social content – IGS, YouTube-first video content (brand & influencer), WeChat, TikTok and other platforms.
- Define video strategy for branded content, digital media campaigns, and product focused content with a heavy focus on social media organic and paid content.
- Implement standards, expertise and best practices within social and community engagement to inform and scale across all marketing campaigns and channels.
- Manage creative marketing direction of global social content initiatives from conception through execution across platforms to drive consumer engagement.
- Be a strategic thought partner and collaborate with the cross-functional teams and international to create and drive social media roadmap projects to deliver brand and customer growth as well as best practices and influencer strategies, including recaps and updates.
- Manage and inspire local social media marketing partners and community managers to help articulate and execute the social strategy across each piece of the business.
- Develop and execute social and community management strategies for key product launches, events, activations and help create proactive crisis management programs.
- Issue monthly social media framework for global cross functional team alignment and timely execution across current and future channels.
- Track and pilot innovation in media/digital platforms with clear views of adoption and expansion if proof of concept is granted.
- Issue monthly social media toolkit to all international markets to ensure cohesive execution of brand across all channels.
- Partner with social platform solutions teams (Facebook, Google, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.), positioning this wonderful brand to take advantage of alphas, betas, exclusive campaign services and emerging opportunities.
- Evolve and communicate an understanding of what messages work with different consumer segments and why via case studies, post launch content analysis and social reporting tools.
- Stay up-to-date on new social media tools and best practices; monitor competitors and other social media leaders to see how they are using different ad products and organic content. Find opportunities to engage with that are at forefront of social media and be an early adopter of new technologies.
- Establish key performance metrics and conduct monthly reporting on global social performance, engagement and KPIs – then optimize strategy based on results using tools (to be defined).
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- +8 years’ experience managing social channels and building brand advocacy, ideally Global experience in a luxury, beauty or high fashion environment.
- Must have an excellent understanding and knowledge of each social media platform from a brand marketing perspective, including platform updates, paid media formats, corresponding rules/laws, changing offerings, news, analytics, and reporting tools across desktop and mobile.
- A passion for data, analytics, insights and trends and ability to cull through and provide actionable insights to guide overall global social media strategy across all media types including video and live content.
- Strong experience in scaling influencer marketing growth strategies against business/brand objectives.
- Proven success and understanding of social and influencer marketing reporting.
- Experience working with social listening / management tools.
- Ability to navigate among multiple platforms and communities to ensure messaging, strategies and goals are understood and met.
- Must possess pro-active critical thinking skills and the ability to take initiative, anticipate next steps and offer recommendations and solutions.
- Self-starter and have a keen ability to work on multiple projects with multiple cross-functional partners and teams.
- Project management skills including scheduling and timelines and be highly detail-oriented, double-checking work with unprompted follow-through.
- Professional team-player, flexible, positive, engaged, responsible, creative and willing to continually learn with the potential and desire to assume increased responsibility.