Freelance E-commerce Inventory PlannerApply Now
Title: E-Comm Inventory Planner
DURATION: start ASAP – February
LOCATION: Remote / NYC
• The Inventory Planner will manage inventory planning, allocation and replenishment strategies
for the Brands USA Digital Commerce site.
• Other responsibilities include and are not confined to launch of new items, controlling inventory
and ensuring smooth transition of seasonal products
• The planner works closely with the Logistics department to manage inbound receipts and
outbound ship outs by forecasting on a daily and weekly basis based on Sales trend
• Daily, Weekly and Monthly reporting of company KPI’s forms an important portion of the role
• Accountable for ensuring that the ecommerce platform is at optimal inventory levels to plan, by
division and items to meet sales goals
• Develop and execute strategies to optimize sales and enhancing customer experience by
ensuring perfect stock situation
• Oversee the allocation and replenishment strategies of the Ecommerce dept. for East & West
Coast warehouse by ensuring they are timely and accurate and are in accordance to sales trend
• Create inbound receipts forecast for warehouse based on daily/weekly allocation plan
• Analyze historical data and current store-level sales trends to identify risks and opportunities for
Ecommerce business drilling down to division.
• Work closely with the Merchandising team and give valuable inputs on risk inventory, seasonal
transition and open to buy
• Work cross-functionally to partner with and supporting efforts of the Digital/Email Marketing
and Site Merchandising teams
• Analyze and report the performance of collaboration launches for Ecommerce and provide
suggestions for future launches
• Create and manage any exception-based and ad-hoc reporting
• Interact with business leaders to support global initiatives to grow the business
• Train, develop and manage a team of allocators
• Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Merchandising/Retail, Finance, or similar.
• 3-5 year of experience in allocation, planning or merchandising capacity.
• High level of experience and proficiency in Excel.
• Proficiency in other Microsoft Office products – Word, PowerPoint, Outlook. Demand ware
knowledge a plus.
• Basic understanding of Retail Math (sales, gross margin, GMROI, WOH)
• Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, and presentation skills.
• Ability to think critically and communicate complex thoughts and/or ideas in clear and concise
• Ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with coworkers and cross-functional partners.
• Ability to foster a positive and motivating work environment, encouraging feedback and
• Self-motivated with critical attention to detail and deadlines.
• Ability to adapt well to change in direction and priority in a fast- paced and deadline-oriented