Freelance Contact Center Trainer / Policy & Procedures SpecialistApply Now
Title: Freelance Contact Center Trainer / Policy & Procedures Specialist
Hours: 9-6pm PST
Contract to Hire Potential
Reports to: Director of Customer Care
Pay range: $35-45 hourly
Contact Center Trainer / Policy & Procedures Specialist
We are looking for a dynamic and experienced Contact Center Trainer / Policy & Procedures Specialist to join our team. In this role, you'll be responsible for developing and maintaining all policy, procedure, and work instruction documents to reflect the company’s business operating policies and procedures and enable consistent performance and outcomes. This role works with all business units to revise, refine, and/or create the required documentation that is made available within departments and across the company as reference publications. Also responsible for scheduling and conducting training sessions for both new and experienced Contact Center Advocates and supporting employees to keep productivity and quality standards up while delivering best-in-class Customer Care and experience to our customers.
Contact Center Trainer / Policy & Procedures Specialist Responsibilities:
- Develop documents to help maintain an effective set of policies, procedures, and work instructions (consistent with brand guidelines).
- Interface with management and employees to determine appropriate policy, procedure, and work instruction requirements.
- Perform research and review documents to identify gaps in documentation.
- Remain current on policies and procedures for all business areas (brands).
- Prepare for distribution a policy update, brief, or video as well as the procedures by which to introduce such changes.
- Prepare procedures and policies regarding effective customer responses and appropriate Advocate conduct.
- Design and facilitate Contact Centers’ training classes for new and existing employees in person or virtual.
- Coach new hires during the nesting phase of training.
- Train experienced employees on new or updated Contact Center procedures to improve their performance.
- Observe the daily operations of Contact Center employees and identify any areas of improvement.
- Liaise with various teams and brand leaders to conduct on-the-job coaching.
- Measure the effectiveness of training sessions and prepare individual or team progress reports.
- Ensure employees keep up their productivity and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
Occupational Experience & Education Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in human resources, or a related field or equivalent years of experience.
- Additional certification in business leadership, eLearning software, or adult education and training is preferred.
- At least 4 years’ experience working as a Contact Center Trainer or Team Leader.
- 2 years of Quality Analysis experience.
- Business writing including publishing, expertise in documenting business policies and processes.
- Experience with MS Office Suite, including Word and Excel, PPT, SharePoint portals.
- Hands on experience with Shopify, NetSuite, Gorgias or similar work-related platforms.
- Experience communicating effectively, verbally, and in writing, with employees at all levels within the organization.
- Experience in working directly or indirectly with operations/customer service teams.
- Familiarity with learning management systems, such as Google Classroom, Blackboard, and Schoology.
- Prior experience in creating and implementing microlearning strategies.
- Demonstrated experience in Building a training software stack to include:
- Onboarding tools
- Collaboration tools
- AI based guidance
- Whisper coaching tools
- Project management experience a plus.
Skills required to be successful in this role:
- Excellent knowledge of Contact Center operations, retail, or multi-channel environments.
- Quality Assurance and Customer Service best practices experience.
- Ultimately, a top-notch Contact Center Trainer should be a friendly, approachable individual with effective microlearning implementation skills.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for teaching and strong mentoring skills.
- Ability to take complex or multi-stepped procedures and prepare in a simple, clear, and easily digested format.
- Ability to manage updates/revisions to ensure accuracy and relevance.
- Ability to provide instructional feedback and coaching while preserving our culture, employee engagement, and morale.
- Ability to provide leadership to all team members in a fast-paced and evolving work environment.
- Flexibility to modify curriculum and address specific needs of the organization.
- Ability to build and maintain positive and productive professional relationships.
- Understanding systems thinking and quality principles.
- Time management/ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Able to work as a team member, as well as independently.
- Able to handle highly confidential/sensitive information.