Freelance 3D ArchivistApply Now
Pay rate: $36/HR
Location: Kissimmee, FL
Archivist to help in organizing 3D character assets for upload to the global creative asset sharing service Digital Media Center.
3D team creates multiple new assets every day but, has little time for archive management. Organizing and uploading assets to DMC will provide easy access to partners globally.
The candidate should have an understanding of the Zbrush interface and how to manage subtools.
Modeling skill is not required but, would be an advantage.
Organize 3D files
1. Open Zbrush file, create screenshot to include visual representation of file.
2. Combine all elements of Zbrush file and export as OBJ
3. Separate all props and re-usable subtools (eg: suitcases, flower pots, gift boxes etc) export as OBJ file
4. Organize files into groups (eg: neutral character assets, ear hat ornaments, resort ornaments etc).
5. Naming convention (franchise-character name-asset, type, location (if applicable)
Collect and organize 3D tools
3D artists often create unique “insert mesh” brushes and “curve function” brushes. Would be beneficial to the organization to have these tools collected and organized for all 3D artists to share.
Provide an accounting of 3D assets.