Distribution Center ManagerApply Now
Title: Distribution Center Manager
Company: Travel Retailer
Location: Elk Grove Village, IL
Compensation: 100k-120k *Salary is commensurate with experience and is an estimate provided by JBC.
Schedule: Full-time Onsite
· Provides excellent service to internal and external customers in receiving, processing and distributing merchandise and supplies to stores
· Supervises day-to-day activities of subordinates
· Assists management in covering and running shifts
· Assists with scheduling to ensure that all shifts are covered
· Complies with delivery schedules; accurately, timely, and efficiently processes deliveries
· Utilizes computer to manage accurate inventory for warehouse operations
· Assists in the transportation of orders and returns between the warehouse and stores (where applicable)
· Identifies damaged and expired products
· Implements product rotation based on product code dates in warehouse and concepts
· Follows all security and safety procedures established by the Company and Branch
· Assists in all maintenance responsibilities and activities established by the warehouse
· Maintains fixtures and equipment storage
· Assists with bin location upkeep and the physical inventory process
· Assists with ticketing according to branch standards for accuracy and timeliness.
· Reviews in-coming orders and advise Merchandise and/or Warehouse Manager of errors and questions and assist in resolutions when appropriate.
· Ensures that information from related ordering and receiving forms are processed according to company standards and are correctly entered into the Retail Management System.
· Updates information in the RMS as needed and produce appropriate reports.
· Stocks, dates, rotates, and checks temperature of product
· Assumes responsibility for effective communication, coordination, and working relationships between associates and management
· Drives Company Vehicles
Specific Required Qualifications:
· SAP experience
· Supply Chain/Logistics experience
· 2-5 years of managerial experience in a retail/warehouse environment
· Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with subordinates.