Director of Product ManagementApply Now
Job Title: Director of Product Management
Company: FinTech | Consumer
Location: Bay Area or New York
Salary range: $250-$300K
Our client, a leading too for onlune shopping seeks a Sr. Director of Product Management. In this role, you will be responsible for growing and leading a team of product managers working on initiatives to deepen the relationship between the brand and its members. You’ll drive the team to experiment across opportunities designed to get members more cash back, feel more rewarded, and drive value for our merchant partners.
- Strategy & product tactics. Develop and get buy-in to Tribe level OKRs. Ensure squads are balancing their efforts across product discovery/innovation & testing new features and sustaining results with existing functionality.
- Operational management. Monitor tribe-level OKR performance; developing and maintaining squad level OKRs with your team. Help build/manage cross-team processes and regularly refine as needed. Regularly report on KR performance across product and exec teams.
- Develop deep customer understanding focusing on the key personas and use cases associated with your core area and beyond. Develop and share analyses and insights with the team.
- Demonstrate deep business understanding; how the model works & how components fit together. Ensure the team takes business needs into account in prioritization and decision-making processes.
- Be the go-to resource for industry/competitive analysis for your core areas. Maintain competitive analysis on key players. Be conversant around key and emerging trends, particularly as they apply to product but going beyond as well.
- Build and maintain cross functional partnerships across teams including Product Design, Engineering, Delivery Management, Merchandising, Sales, Member Services, etc.
- Leadership; Manage, coach, and mentor a team of product managers and be a champion of world class product delivery process. Identify skill gaps and work to address them and help team members grow.
- Work closely with business analytics partners to size opportunities and to determine how to validate hypotheses and prioritize efforts.
- Nurture team culture that is conducive to healthy debate, curiosity, and open conversations about the purpose and value of work we deliver together.
- Passion & motivation. Embody the core Rakuten Rewards culture: Design for people; Dare to ask what if; Make success happen; We before me; Do it with heart.
- Minimum of 10 years in product management, managing and leading end to end product lifecycle initiatives.
- 5-10 years’ experience running teams including high performing product managers.
- Bachelor’s Degree (product design, engineering, computer science or a related field preferred).
- Excellent communication skills; upward to execs and downward to individual contributors and new hires.