Director of OperationsApply Now
Title: Director of Operations
Company Description: Thriving CPG Start-Up
Location: New York, New York
- Supply Chain
- Coordinate pickup and delivery of domestic and international freight. Ensure inventory is properly received by the warehouse.
- Routinely review, bid, and negotiate freight and courier rates. Submit RFQs to various freight partners to find lowest possible rates.
- Surveil and critically evaluate monthly freight spend and performance.
- Coordinate wholesale packing, routing, and overall fulfillment (to include freight, if required), according to partner-specific requirements.
- Work closely with internal and external finance teams to ensure proper invoicing and accounts are in good standing, flag potential delinquencies and track pre-payments according to internal shipping policies.
- Provide operational support (e.g., pricelist management, order management, and budgets) for sales initiatives including pop-ups, trade show participation, and wholesale campaigns.
- Inventory Management and Purchase Orders
- Track and report inventory, contribute to identification of products that are over- or under-stocked.
- Lead operational elements of purchase orders for new and existing products.
- Serve as main point of contact for 3PL, resolve issues as they arise.
- Lead periodic critical review of 3PL performance, set goals and expectations, suggest improvements, and lead search for new 3PL as needed.
- Coordinate air and ocean transportation of finished goods, and ensure correct receipt of goods to the warehouse.
- Surveil and critically evaluate monthly spend and performance (SLA).
- Develop / ensure compliances with all SOPs (e.g. damaged items).
- Collaborate with Finance to forecast order volume and properly staff to meet SLAs, particularly during high-volume periods.
- Customer Service
- Take responsibility for our company delivering exceptional customer service.
- Set CX agenda, source, train and manage CX staff.
- Ensure all customer returns are processed according to SLA.
- Manage damages and quality control issues. Communicate trends to cross-functional partners, including Product Development team.
- Review return reasons related to fulfillment/shipping and escalate issues as necessary.
- 8 – 12 years of professional experience, including positions of increasing responsibility and organizational leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Start-up experience and consumer goods experience.
- Ability to work well under pressure and act professionally and appropriately while doing so.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and to successfully craft and execute tactical plans from broad strategic concepts.
- Ability to set and improve process for transparency, accountability, and scale.
- DTC + wholesale experience required.
- Creative problem solver with deep passion for organizing and implementing operating systems for cross-functional teams.
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritize tasks, and work independently and with a team as needed.
Salary: $120,000 – $150,000
Salary is commensurate with experience and is an estimated range provided by JBC