Director of Global Brand MarketingApply Now
Title of Job: Director of Global Brand Marketing
Location: San Francisco, CA (Hybrid)
Company Description: Innovator in the beauty space
Salary: $160,000 – $200,000
*Salary is commensurate with experience and is an estimated range provided by JBC
About the job
Responsible for leading, creating, executing and driving innovative and cost effective 360 degree brand marketing strategies and campaigns at the forefront of culture. Serves as the key creative & strategic lead marketer, always innovating and disrupting to build meaningful connections with our consumer. Key marketing strategic lead and cross-functional partner for internal and external teams, vendors and agencies. The ideal candidate would have 10+ years in marketing, with significant experience in beauty marketing, passion and expertise in social marketing and experience across all marketing touch points with proven success of developing insightful, impactful marketing campaigns and strategies. Some travel will be required.
- Develop and own the overall Global Brand Marketing strategy and implementation across the globe, working closely with our channel marketing team, cross-functional and Executive teams at Global Headquarters, as well as international regional teams
- Big idea thinker with ability to build and craft & connect advertising and marketing ideas into strategic 360 global campaigns
- Expert in development of comprehensive, disruptive marketing plans across all marketing levers, including but not limited to social marketing, influencer & partner marketing, PR, paid media, channel, digital, experiential, etc.
- Provide leadership to direct reports including coaching, development and strategic/tactical direction, serving as a mentor and role-model to team members
- Responsible for presenting and adapting plans based on feedback to internal and external partner key stakeholders, Executive team and international regional team, retailers, and founder teams
- Anticipate future trends and react to business needs to constantly refine marketing strategies and plans
- Ability to compile and analyze data quickly to create data-based recommendations and strategies
- Relentless focus on connecting the dots to maximize campaign impact: ability to digest, synthesize, and leverage information across the business to inform decisions, turn individual ideas into broader integrated campaigns and help functional teams drive greater impact in their day-to-day roles
- Ability to brief & guide creative in an effective way with both internal and external teams
- Develop, manage and allocate marketing budget for brand across all levers and regions
- 10+ years of experience in marketing or brand management on beauty brand and/or agency side; beauty expertise required
- Creative marketer with passion for blue sky thinking
- On the pulse of culture
- Effective relationship-building skills; professional savvy and organizational agility to leverage partnerships across the organization to get work done
- Unique ability to drive big picture strategic thinking, paired with an obsession for flawlessly execute the details
- Strong leadership skills with ability to manage 3+ team members
- Incredible communicator with ability to craft and pitch immersive marketing stories and plans
- Passion for consumer insights, data and cultural trends
- Obsessed with the world of digital and social media marketing
- Experience developing innovative 360 marketing plans that heavily leverage digital and social mediums to delivery effective marketing messages.
- Comfort and poise when working with and presenting marketing strategies to executives and notable individuals.
- Proactive problem-solving skills; ability to anticipate obstacles and also quickly generate alternate solutions/ideas
- Entrepreneurial – able to deal with ambiguity and work with little or no direction with flexibility & agility
- Exceptional organizational skills; detail-oriented.
- Strong time management skills; ability to juggle priorities and multiple projects.
- Employs a strategic approach to process; ability to organize and divvy up work effectively.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint); ability to deliver strong, polished, effective PowerPoint presentations.