Director of Creative Services – B2BApply Now
Job Title: Director of Creative Services
Location: Hybrid in Tampa, Fl.
Salary: $120-135k DOE
Salary is commensurate with experience and is an estimated range provided by JBC.
We are looking for a Director of Creative Services with retail experience either in-house or agency environment.
The Director of Creative and Content is responsible for generating and executing creative initiatives for all components of all the Company’s sales channels, including digital, print, and online. This position directs and mentors a staff of creative and copy professionals and works hand-in-hand with business leaders across the organization on strategic creative initiatives. This position provides thought leadership in creating a connected customer experience that informs and educates the value and benefits of the Company’s products, resulting in increased customer acquisition, conversion, and retention.
- Lead and direct the creative team and external agency resources to ensure multi-channel campaigns are delivered on time and with the highest level of quality.
- Lead the development of creative ideas and strategies that create massive value for the Company’s brand. Express big ideas (and small ones) across web, print, in-store, mobile, TV, and social media.
- Lead critical and creative thinking as part of the ideation process for each project, and understand the strategy behind said projects in order to best serve client’s interests.
- Ensure all creative and content projects meet budget and schedule targets.
- Oversee and manage the execution of the Company’s brand guides to ensure consistency in all sales channels.
- Collaborate closely with the Company’s sales channels as a key strategic partner. Understand their business objectives and help them to drive the business forward by proactively contributing strategic and creative ideas.
- Work closely with marketing & advertising teams in the annual strategic planning development to offer creative marketing ideas to drive more sales.
- Make employment decisions and/or recommendations on hiring, improvement plans, transfers, promotions, corrective actions, terminations, pay adjustments, etc.
- Coordinate and manage the work of employees by directing members of the team to meet the area’s goals. Audit regularly to ensure standard operating procedures are being adhered to.
- Manage employee performance and assist employees in making improvements to their performance through coaching, mentoring, and administering performance reviews.
- Recommend, plan, and/or implement employee training and skill development activities.
- Audit, maintain, and ensure employee time-keeping and absentee records are accurate.
- Communicate company and departmental issues and goals and facilitate employee growth and development through weekly team meetings, regular individual employee meetings, coaching, training, and company-offered learning opportunities.
- Manage resources to optimize equipment, facilities, employees, methods, and materials.
- Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
- Actively participate in departmental meetings, training, and education. Assist with training other employees and providing backup.
- Complete other assignments and special projects as requested.
- Bachelor degree in Advertising, Design, Marketing, Media, or related field or equivalent work experience, required
- 10 years of relevant work experience in art and creative services direction, preferably in an in-house retail or agency environment, required
- Experience in direct mail, circulars, in-store POP, catalogs, digital/ecommerce, etc.
- Supervisory/Management experience
- Ability to clearly articulate creative vision and ensure execution of long- and short-term goals.
- Well-versed in the creative process, from strategy to execution, in all impact media
- Outstanding conceptual ideas or creative skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Work independently as well as in a team environment
- Document management system
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Maintain confidentiality
- Working knowledge of Continuous Improvement
- Handle multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints
- Proficient computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Perform under strong demands in a fast-paced environment
- Work professionally with customers and co-workers to efficiently serve our customers, treating both with enthusiasm and respect
- Display empathy, understanding, and patience with employees and external customers
- Respond professionally in situations with difficult employee/vendor/customer issues or inquiries